Thursday, September 01, 2005

New Inferno Era

Today begins an important stretch for the Sports Inferno .This is make or break for us and make or break for AM 1270 The Sports Station. This is our strongest line up in station history. If this does not work then nothing will.Our show expands an hour from 10-2 and the Big Show takes over from there until 6:30 p.m.
Our coming out party takes place at Lucky's in Novi's Fountain Walk. It is a gigantic facility with everything from games and booze to solid food and a soon to open bowling alley. I hope to meet as many people as possible. This is a big day because this new time slot will define our show and our station.We need more exposure and more listeners. And we will get them. I feel confident of that. Our show was voted No. 2 sports talk show twice and I won't be satisfied until we are number one. Tonight we continue our fantasy football party at Doc's in Livonia which is located on 7 Mile and the I-275 exit. Mike will talk fantasy football. I will entertain.
And finally our big breaking out party ends Friday in the press box of Kelly-Shorts Stadium where Central Michigan will later play Big Ten foe Indiana.CMU Coach Brian Kelley will join us at noon. Chippewas Athletic Director Herb Deromedi around 10:30 and former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler at 1 p.m. I hope this is the start of big things and even bigger ratings.We need you every step of the way and I thank you for your continued support.
We need more because we are in a battle to keep what I believe to be the best sports show on our airwaves.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry T, I'll be in The Jungle, baby! Your ratings' gonna diiieeeeeeee

(with apologies to Axl Rose)

9:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and don't forget about sportsinferno.com

11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the program, T, I'll be listening whenever I can stomach Mike. And enjoy your trip up to beautiful Mt. Happy for the Chips game...wish I could be there.

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Loomis said...

You guys are the best sports talk show going in the D today. Mike can get a little crazy, but that is what makes the show interesting. And Terry, your just the mack-daddy of them all. Keep up the good work fellas. The ratings will find ya. You know what they say...you can't hide talent!

3:34 PM

 
Anonymous Timo said...

The Sports Inferno is the greatest radio show to date. I'm up here in East Lansing and we don't get 1270, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be listening via sportsinferno.com. Keep it up Terry you guys are just great and I love every second of the show.

5:55 PM

 
Blogger billionaire said...

Terry you guys should look in syndication

7:23 PM

 
Blogger +BOB+ said...

During my lunch hour I want to listen to sports talk. The local guy up the dial often talks about some crazy news item.

I agree with Joe Dumars--you should team up with Drew Sharp (and I usually don't like Drew!). Mike is a real drag on your show and he seems to do 80% of the talking/ranting. You need to bring that up to at least 50/50 as long as he's part of the Inferno. When he was on vacation, I wouldn't click off your program. Now that he's back, when he takes over and won't stop talking, I have to go to another channel.

Good luck, I want the channel and you to survive on talk radio.

+Bob

10:12 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

My ratings are not going to die. You can visit the jungle if you want. But you are going to miss some good stuff. We might not beat the jungle, but we are going to make him sweat unlike the previous show.

5:26 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

yes, I am looking forward to the CMU game. This is going to be huge. You know. While I am there I might spring for a CMU football jersey. It is about time I got one.

5:27 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Loomis,
Thanks. I have not been called the Mac Daddy of anything for a while -- except by Mike and that does not count -- so it feels good to be macking again.
We will keep on fighting and see where it gets us.

5:28 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Timo,
Thank you for all the love. It is appreciated. We just need a break. I seriously believe that. If we got the support and a lot of other things I really believe this show could explode.
Mike is the key. We got to get him to hang in there.

5:29 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Bob,
Thank you for the kind words. But Mike drive the show. He was trained in radio and this is his paassion. I love doing radio, but I am not a radio guy.
My training came in newspapers and that is my first instinct. I love doing radio and feel I am capable of doing it, but it is not my strength.

5:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry, I have to confess that I don't know the names of shows and who hosts them - I usually can't even put a voice with a name. But I'm a regular listener to both stations, and you're one of the best (mostly 'cause no one else can talk Pistons with much authority.)

I really miss the Locker Room show. It was always a cut above in terms of the maturity and intelligence of the hosts.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Chandor said...

Check out this NCAA football jersey! It's the ultimate NCAA football jersey for the die-hard fan...

3:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great football forum handicapping blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on football forum handicapping. You can check out my forum about football forum handicapping if you have a chance.

4:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the World Wide Web is home to a great number of marketing opportunities that you could avail of,

12:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a boats site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

7:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home