Wednesday, August 17, 2005

IT IS TIME TO SEND PUDGE PACKING

You will never hear me scream "Power of Pudge. Spirit of Detroit" again on the Sports Inferno. It was my way of supporting catcher Pudge Rodriguez who left the Florida Marlins as World Series MVP and joining the Tigers.
He is a bad dude and he is dividing the Tigers dressing room.
It's time to go.
He does not respect teammates, has cursed at Manager Alan Trammell and has one set of rules for himself while another is written for teammates.
It is time to go.
The problem is the Tigers are protecting him and lying for him. This is their meal ticket and everybody is expendable. And please folks. Do you really think he is injured?
The man is pouting. It is time to go.
Lets get into a couple of these lies.

Dombrowski gave Pudge permission to leave the team during his four-game suspension. That is not true. Dombrowski in fact vetoed Pudge's request. It was owner Mike Ilitch who told Pudge to take time off and clear his mind. Perhaps Ilitch knows his star player no longer wants to be in Detroit. Maybe this was his way of trying to pacify Rodriguez, hoping he changes his mind.
Dombrowski acted like the good soldier and took the bullet for the team.

Lie number 2.
Pudge missed his flight from Columbia to Kansas City.
How do you miss a private jet? When you hire a private jet they leave when you are ready to leave. The truth is Pudge tried to stretch vacation an extra day. But he did not count on bad weather delaying his flight.

There are so many other things that I cannot get into now. He is an island on this team.
And no Trammell is not a great manager. But this guy won a World Series for this town. Pudge did not and will not. Tram is loyal to this city. Pudge wants out.
I say give him a swift kick.
Say no to Pudge.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pudge packing?

8:08 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

yes. pack his ass out of here

9:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! I thought you said 'fudge packing'.

10:28 AM

 
Anonymous Brian said...

Well you probably have more sources in the tigers org than i do.

Terry, who do you put the blame on for all of this? Dombrowski making some trades (although i think he's upgraded with some moves, ie Polonco), Trammel, or Pudge himself?

10:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the game last night (free tickets, the only reason I went), and what a debacle. Trammell needs to be fired and Pudge can hold the door open and follow him out. We've started over 12 years in a row, we can do it again. This team is at the bottom of the food chain. It's been the same story forever.

10:53 AM

 
Blogger E.Pate said...

Stop it Terry. I kicked your ass once, don't make me do it again.

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny Knobler says Pudge is hurt, you say he is not. Which 'insider' are we supposed to believe?!

And please, all I've heard is 'Higginson is done'. OK, is he still hurt? Or are they just sitting on him and not letting him play? It doesn't make sense - why keep him around if he won't play anyway?

2:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry, we appreciate your blogs and your columns in a Detroit paper, especially the one where you fully explained as to why you felt "shackled" under the Gannett management...Boy, no wonder cuz we were frustrated at the Detroit papers for not being aggressive on the Tigers beat for nearly a decade or so. ...Your "Pudge" blogs is the breaking news and has scooped the local papers...Keep it up, man

5:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Foster, I'm sorry sir, but I have to believe Knobler & Gage over your opinion. I respect you, but sometimes you just need to think these things through & not be so knee-jerk.

6:27 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Brian,
I used to think that Pudge was set off simply because of the Farnsworth trade. I believe that played a part in it but it is my understanding he has been acting standoffish toward teammates for most of his stay here.
He came for the money and he wants to win. He could be frustrated it is not happening here. I don't know. I simply believe there are too many hard feelings and Pudge is the reason for much of it.

5:49 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

I never said Pudge was not hurt. I said I don't believe it. It is funny that a man who has played over pain for so many years just so happens to get an injury during warm ups after he is late for returning to a team he no longer wants to play for.
Maybe he is hurt. He could be. I am skeptical.
And Higginson has basically been told to chill and not show up much around the clubhouse. He is getting paid, but he is not part of the team.

5:51 AM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

You guys don't have to believe me. There have been plenty of times where people doubted my word and they bashed me. That is cool. If I could not handle it then I should get out of this business.
We shall see what happens.

5:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why don't they release Higginson if they're just paying him to keep away.........

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can collect insurance on Higginson for staying on the DL.

And Terry, I'm not bashing you. I was just saying that Gage & Knobler both said Pudge was pretty banged up. From what I've heard, he will be playing on Friday anyway, so we'll see.

4:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Terry! Jeff wrote an article at detroitsportsrag.com today revealing some inside stories of the Tigers. Not the everyday stuff we saw on newspaper. I opt to believe that local newspaper has been covering up the TRUTH of Pudge stuff. Yeah, that’s right. The TRUTH.

5:24 PM

 
Anonymous Justin L. said...

To believe a "dirt sheet" over legit news organizations says a lot about a person. I've interned at a newspaper (not in Detroit), and they do not try to hide anything. They report what they see because it builds readers respect. Most do not make crap up, contrary to popular belief.

So if want to believe a "dirt sheet," go ahead. Read a tabloid for real news while you're at it.

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Mohawk Man said...

What kind of @#$% is this?

confused,

MM

Next Time Travel in style with charter jets

1:40 AM

 
Blogger George said...

Well, here's a refreshing new idea for you, Organizer and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Organizer

9:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home