Sunday, July 17, 2005

BACK FROM THE THUMB: BACK TO REALITY

Here is the great thing about returning from vacation.
You don't know.
I don't know if Larry Brown is Pistons coach or Knicks Coach.
I don't know if Mike Babcock had a last minute about face and turned down the Wings or if the press conference went on as scheduled.
I don't know if the Tigers are sliding or soaring.
We spent the last four days in the Thumb for the annual family vacation. The family has a house between Port Sanilac and Harbor Beach and I deliberately skip Sports Center and the News and local sports. It is great to cleanse and chill out for a while.
All we did was play games, eat, shoot off fire works, shoot the breeze and of course drink.
There is something strange about being in the great outdoors. It works like a sleeping pill. I can relax and sleep forever. I don't know if I am more tired before my nap or after it.
However, it is time to return to the rat race. I will be online for the next couple hours to see if the Tigers are back in the race or staggering.
Oh by the way? Did Tiger Woods win the British Open?
Time to find out.

8 Comments:

Blogger billionaire said...

OKay TErry nothing has changed in the LArry saga except as I have pointed out to something just as weird the Miami situation. Props to Tiger Woods. To me he has made golf cool for the brothers even though he does accepts partially being a brother. The tigers once again are still in the wild card hunt but not making a move the good thing is they are only 5 and1/2 out I think. I think that wraps up the sports weekend. One more thing I find it somewhat odd but football is already being pumped up. Has football gone year round. ALso when will baseball quit lying and calling their sport Aemricas favorite past time. It is all about football. Hockey is back only for the businesses related to it is why I am for it. Hopkins lost I think that covers everything

4:15 PM

 
Blogger billionaire said...

One more thing Terry. The mayor is in deep trouble especially if he gets beat by double digits in the primary. I am sure he will pay the suburbs card but I feel it won;t work.

4:31 PM

 
Anonymous Tony Hamera said...

T - did you catch the brawl at Comerica? it was pretty cool...the game sucked, but Farnsworth slamming that dude was exciting!

6:35 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

billionaire,
thanks for the update. I am catching up as we speak. I saw the Tiger Woods press conference. I wish I could have seen the actual match as it unfolded. You may know my rule. If Tiger is in the hunt I usually watch.

8:06 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

Tony,
Yeah I did see the brawl. That was pretty amazing and I am sure we will be rapping about it Monday. I love a brawl now and then.
Farnsworth was out of line but that was a hell of a body slam.

8:07 PM

 
Anonymous sportsfroma2 said...

I think the lions need to get Kyle Farnsworth from the tigers!!!!!!

8:08 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

How about Farnsworth to the WWE?

4:51 AM

 
Anonymous sportsfroma2 said...

OK, WWE is good enough, But I still think he could moonlight on the lions- Doesn't Milen like someone with personality, someone that won't take crap from people?


If thre's some way we can take some of Farnsworth's personality and transfer it to Joey H, it would really help the team, In my Opinon.

The sad part is I JUST picked up farnsworth in fantasy baseball to replace percival, and looks like he'll be suspended, right? THe tigers are KILLING me.

7:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home