Sunday, June 19, 2005

ALL EYES ON TINY TIM

Forgive us in the media for being fixated with Tim Duncan these past few days.
You see, he is the NBA Finals only super star and we often look for those type players to turn super human. He's been Tiny Tim the past two games and now we wait to see if he turns into Super Duncan.
It is quite possible. However, Duncan faces a very tough foe in the three headed monster of Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess. They've defended him better than anyone ever has in the playoffs and it is playing in Duncan's mind.
They aren't even double teaming him and Duncan faces two challenges. They are all three quicker than him and Ben and Rasheed have been able to push him further out than he likes. By the time Duncan drives to the paint help is there to alter just about every shot he takes.
Duncan enters Game 5 dazed and confused. If the Spurs are to regain control Duncan must be the man who rights their ship. The scary thing is he has done it before. Duncan enjoyed big Game 5s in winning Finals MVP trophies in 1999 against New York and in 2003 versus New Jersey.
He punished the Knicks with 31 points and nine rebounds and four years later in the same game he tallied 29 points, 17 rebounds, four blocks and four assists.
Now we get to see if the Super Star takes over or if the team ball of the Pistons continues to dominate.

11 Comments:

Anonymous farmlegend said...

My concern tonight; the Spurs keep pounding it in to Tiny Tim, he tries to take to toward the hoop, and gets Sheed and/or Dice in foul trouble. We're due for an officiating crew that calls the game "tight"; yecch.

Terry, happy Father's Day. I enjoy your blog.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger billionaire said...

I will maintain what I have always felt. The home cooking factor. I attended game 3 and I could feel it. With this team for some reason The seasoned chicken the vegetables and starches and lest not forget the pop and water and wine works. I expect the pistons to blow them out again. I think the team senses blood and will go for the hunt. Now when we return to San antonio I predicted the pistons in 6 we shall see. One off note I am tired of hearing the fans say refs this and that. At the end of the day the players will decide. Also Terry I know you guys in the media are focusing on Tiny Tim but i think the person to truly focus on in the spurs is Tony PArker. HE is the driver of the spurs team. I say look for Ripa and Tayshaun to have a break out game.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger billionaire said...

Hey Mike and Terry, just remember a brother when you guys makes millions I as well as other bloggers probabally want our fair share hahahah

11:47 AM

 
Blogger Robbie said...

Terry, I'll be looking for you at the game tonight, as I will have will one of the famed Media passes for the game.

Happy Father's Day.

Go Pistons.

Rc

12:42 PM

 
Blogger The_Real_Right_Way said...

Hey Terry,.

I thought I saw Ben's brother that was supposedly banned from the palace at the last playoff game.

Do you have any info on that?

1:24 PM

 
Blogger The_Real_Right_Way said...

I don't know what to expect from todays game.

I wish Rasheed would give some perspective since he knows what the leagues conspiracy is.

1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Matt said...

Whats up Terry, happy fathers day. I think that Duncun will be tiny tim once agian tonight. I think now that Ben has stepped up his game that it's done. Pistons in 6..

8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did anyone catch the pregame from channel 7?

Don Shane called Commish Stern "Larry Stern" at the end. How embarassing!

DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL

10:20 PM

 
Blogger The_Real_Right_Way said...

anonymous...

It was very embarassing. Where are the professionals when you need them.

No wonder they cringe when you have a small market team in the championship.

10:44 PM

 
Blogger The_Real_Right_Way said...

TINY TIM

Answered his critics tonight.

12:41 AM

 
Blogger billionaire said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home