Tuesday, May 31, 2005

COULD KALIMBA EDWARDS BE HEADING OUT OF TOWN?

Do not be surprised if the Detroit Lions release defensive end Kalimba Edwards as early as Wednesday following a brush with Southfield police. The Lions want to see what the charges are before deciding what to do.
Edwards got into a physical confrontation with police which is a no-no with the Lions.
The Lions tell players to cooperate with police when stopped and the organization can handle things later along with their attorney's. Edwards broke that rule and it might earn him one of those one-way bus tickets Bobby Ross used to talk about.
The Lions are really interested in what the charges are. Edwards is scheduled to appear in court later this afternoon.
I will keep you posted as I learn more.

7 Comments:

Blogger Detroithoosier said...

Terry- I dont want to be pushy or anything but please respond to my email soon because I am leaving for a week soon. Thanks.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger T Foster said...

I did. let me respond again

4:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clinton Portis would have never gotten into an altercation with law enforcement...

Andy

7:38 AM

 
Anonymous Darren said...

Not only is he menatlly challenged on the field but off the field, too. I would rather have a older, slower, smarter Porcher , than a younger, faster, not as smart Edwards. What a bone head move. Show them your liscense, fix your window, pay your fine. Just like the rest of us would. Maybe I will resist next time I get pulled over for my headlight being out.

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Danon said...

I think that it is time to cut our ties to Mr. Edwards. There is nothing in his production that should merit him getting a second chance. If he goes and gets 10 sacks for another team, then I guess we'll regret it but i doubt that will happen.

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he goes and gets 10 sacks for another team, then I guess we'll regret it


Thats what I cant help being afraid of.

3:54 PM

 
Anonymous Andre said...

I don't think that they should get rid of Edwards. I don't think that Kalimba will ever be what the Lions hoped he could be, but he is a servicable pass rusher because he is pretty quick. I don't think that he will ever become an every down kind of player, but you need guys like him who can come in a give you 5 defensive plays a game just to spell your top guys.

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home