Saturday, April 23, 2005

Welcome

I no longer have a column, but I like to let you know what is on my mind any way.
And besides I want to stay in writing shape in case I get the call again.
It is not much. It is just a start, but I hope you all enjoy what I have to say.
This is Terry Foster, former columnist at The Detroit News, talk show host at AM 1270 The Sports Station and Fox Sports Net commentator.
I still work at the News as a sports feature writer. However, I get dozens of emails each week asking me what I think about certain issues. I am unable to tell you in the paper. However, I can here. This is my way of letting you know what is on my mind. That is if you care.
I do want to thank people who stepped wrote and called The News to protest the loss of my column. I was stunned by the outrage and outpouring. Even people who hated me called.
I hope you all in Detroit can check out my show that I co-host with Mike Valenti. The Sports Inferno is hot every day and can be heard from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. on AM 1270 The Sports Station.
I am the voice of reason on the show as I try to keep this young and talented buck in check.
Also check me out Monday and Friday night on the Fox Sports Report. I rap about the latest happenings in sports on Monday night (10:30 p.m.) and I have a segment called Friday's With Foster (10:30 p.m.) on Friday.
I promise to post daily and let you know what is going on in the world of sports.
Some of you also know I own a candy store. I have made a decision to get out of the business. I am looking for a buyer.
There is simply not enough time in the day and I need to devote more hours in the day to family. I have a daughter named Celine (5) and a son named Brandon (3) and they miss dad and I miss them. It is more and more difficult to leave them and not return home until they are asleep.
I need to get my priorities straight. But I was not doing radio when I began the business. My day was not as taxing as it is now. It is tough enough making time with them with newspaper, radio and television.
I want to be with my PEOPLE.
That's it for now. I hope you can check me out and please leave messages.

T Foster

11 Comments:

Blogger j hill said...

you're getting out of the candy business?! say it ain't so, sweet man! this is a perfect forum for you, though. mix it up, big dawg.

7:21 AM

 
Blogger bob amore said...

welcome aboard...looking forward to some honesty and thought provoking views judt like on air.
bob amore

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Tom said...

I didn't know you weren't at the News anymore. Damn. At least I'll get my Foster serving on the air now. Between you and Rob Parker, I'm amazed there are any jobs left in Detroit!

Good luck, T.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger radiofiend said...

Sorry to hear you are selling the candy store. I always get my coffee fix there and my husband enjoys the fact that it's your store. He had a nice conversation with you on one occasion.
Best of luck to you!

8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Rob Visconti said...

Good to see you diving into a new forum and speaking your mind, Terry. Best of luck.

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Lori said...

I didn't know you weren't at the News anymore either. I don't read the paper as much as I'd like to, but when I do, I have always tried to catch your column. I went to Peace Lutheran School for elementary school ( many, many years ago), and you were my basketball coach. You obviously left an impression, seeing that I remember you 20 years later. I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future. Good Luck.

11:18 PM

 
Blogger WXOU Sports said...

I also didn't know you were no longer at the news. Best of luck to you. You one of the best in the business.

11:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did the news say why they dropped you from a columnist to just a feature writer

9:43 AM

 
Anonymous Detroit Titan Fan said...

I cannot believe the decision by the News to move you off your column. Honestly, I always looked for your column first in the sports section. I appreciate your insight, honesty, and fairness.

I'm not worried for you though- I know you'll be successful in whatever you pursue.

12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tune in all the time to hear you try and keep Mike on the straight and narrow. Keep up the great work and know that your fans are out here.

3:46 PM

 
Blogger amused said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
Check out my cash advance washington dc blog, please!

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home